- Role: 3D Environment Artist, Technical Artist, Pipeline Director
- Software/Tools Used: Blender (Geometry Nodes), Unity (Unity Material Editor)
- Duration: 2-3 weeks
- How to design / prototype large cities, environments under tight deadlines with cross functional teams (i.e. games, films, VR/AR experiences)?
- How to use existing 3D primitives (windows, doors, balconies, street signage) to create different types/varieties of 3D skyscrapers?
- How to replicate 3D procedural building for future 3D templates / 3D prototypes?
- How to create buildings within seconds?
- Create base floor plan for building to instantiate floor levels.
- Decide how many windows you want per floor.
- Decide how many random non-windows you want per floor.
- Decide how many random balconies you want per floor.
Above is the geometry node system used to create the procedural buildings, which is a series of primitive instantiation, and alpha masking using random noise functions to randomly generate the locations of the balconies, street signage, or non-window primitives.
Below is a real time use of the inspector to generate the building in real time.
The 3D procedural buildings are then imported into Unity which they can be used for blackboxing for larger projects.